CAKE holders, today we are tremendously excited to announce Kalmar (KALM) as the next Initial Farm Offering to be hosted on the PancakeSwap IFO platform, the 3rd IFO conducted using the new IFO format explained here.
What is Kalmar?
Kalmar is a decentralized bank powered by DeFi and NFT. Kalmar’s mission is combining the best of decentralized finance protocols and fueling them with pure fun!
The following are some examples of work that are already in progress by the Kalmar team at the time of writing:
- Leveraged Yield Farming Platform: Kalmar’s aim is to transition to a successful and robust concept of a leveraged yield farming platform for liquidity mining protocols on BSC (such as PancakeSwap). The next upcoming milestone is the support of fully audited stablecoin pairs.
- Physically backed NFTs: By physically backing NFTs through burning for rewards, Kalmar is opening up a new set of opportunities for NFTs in DeFi. Kalmar’s upcoming NFT fundraiser platform allows to raise capital in a fun way for businesses, influencers, and blockchain projects of any age.
- DeFi payment channel: In partnership with blockchain consulting firm Blockvis, Kalmar is working on creating a reliable banking to DeFi payment gateway. This is a step towards improving the industry’s user experience, allowing for on-board of previously inaccessible audiences.
- GamiFi: Kalmar believes that the future of finance lies within the intersection of gaming and DeFi. The partnership with blockchain consulting firm Techpad is the first step to rethink GamiFi and meaningfully connect Kalmar’s NFT products and DeFi protocols.
What is $KALM?
KALM is the native token of the Kalmar platform. It serves a variety of key utilities: DeFi protocols incentivisation, gamification mechanics benefits and platform governance.
Incentivisation models can include mechanics such as liquidity mining, gamification mechanics benefits can be early access NFT fundraiser sales, and community governance will be integrated to support decision making on Kalmar.
Lastly, most Kalmar’s ecosystem products are built to generate profit, and we are actively exploring models to redistribute these profits among KALM holders.
$KALM Token Distribution
The total supply of KALM tokens is 10,000,000. Details:
- 12.5% (1,250,000 KALM) will be reserved for the IFO on PancakeSwap
- 59% (5,900,000 KALM) will be reserved for Liquidity Mining purposes
- 9% (900,000 KALM) will be reserved for a Private Sale Round
- 9% (900,000 KALM) will be reserved for Partnerships and Ecosystem collaboration
- 8.5% (850,000 KALM) will be reserved for the Team allocation
- 2% (200,000 KALM) will be reserved for a NFT Fundraiser
Following the IFO, approximately 15% of the total supply will be circulating in the market.
To learn more about Kalmar, click https://kalmar.io/.
IFO Sale Details
Sale start block: Approx. 1pm UTC on Thursday 27th May 2021)
Sale end block: Approx. 2pm UTC on Thursday 27th May 2021)
Amount to be raised: $2,500,000 USD in CAKE-BNB LP tokens
Tokens to be sold: 1,250,000 KALM (12.5% of initial KALM total supply)
Price per token: 1 KALM = $2.00 USD
Cake to be burnt from sale: $1,250,000 USD
Method: Basic Sale and Unlimited Sale (Both sales will be conducted via the Overflow method)
What is the “Overflow” sale method?
TLDR: Basically, the more you put in, the more you will get, and you’ll get back anything that doesn’t get spent.
In the “Overflow” method, users can subscribe as much or as little as they want to the IFO, and their final allocation will be based on the amount of funds they put in as a percentage of all funds put in by other users at the time the sale ends. Users will receive back any leftover funds when they claim their tokens after the sale.
To participate in the IFO:
- Create an active PancakeSwap profile
- Buy CAKE and BNB tokens
- Get CAKE-BNB LP tokens by adding CAKE and BNB liquidity
- While the sale is live (1pm — 2pm UTC on Thursday 27th May 2021), commit your CAKE-LP tokens to buy KALM tokens at pancakeswap.finance/ifo
- When the sale is complete, claim your KALM tokens and your unspent funds will also be sent back to you.
- Done! In the case of an overflow you can unstake your remaining CAKE-BNB LP tokens.
If you decide to acquire CAKE-BNB LP tokens before the IFO starts, you can stake them here to earn CAKE token rewards while waiting for the sale.
Please note — while you are holding CAKE-BNB LP tokens you will be at risk of Impermanent Loss.
An Explainer: What are the 2 different sale sessions?
Basic Sale ($750,000, 30% of Sale allocation)
Want to participate in the IFO and get the most bang for your buck? This is for you.
In the “Basic” session, each person can contribute a MAXIMUM of $100 equivalent in CAKE-BNB LP tokens.
The number of tokens available in this format will typically represent around 30% of the total sale.
Note that the final allocation you receive will still be subject to the total amount raised in this session, but the good news is you’re not battling any whales.
Unlimited Sale ($1,750,000, 70% of Sale Allocation)
As the name suggests, the “Unlimited” session has no limits on the amount each person can contribute. However, this comes at the cost of a participation fee.
The number of tokens available in this format will typically account for 70% of the total sale.
How much is the participation fee?
The participation fee will start at 1%, which is only applied to your contribution to the “Unlimited” session.
The 1% participation fee decreases in cliffs, based on the percentage of overflow from the “Unlimited” portion of the sale.
The fee cliff for the Kalmar IFO is as follows:
In the “Unlimited Sale” method, users can subscribe as much or as little as they want to the IFO, and their final allocation will be based on the amount of funds they put in as a percentage of all funds put in by other users at the time the sale ends. Users will receive back any leftover funds when they claim their tokens after the sale.
Please note — The final USD price per CAKE-BNB LP token will be set a few minutes before the sale starting at block (1PM UTC on Thursday 27th of May 2021) and will be broadcasted on all channels.
While a few things may be subject to initial change, two things are sure:
- You will need CAKE-BNB LP tokens to participate.
- If the full $2,500,000 USD allocation is raised, then at least $1,250,000 USD of CAKE tokens will be burned forever.
We will also be running a Syrup Pool and Farm for Kalmar which will commence at the conclusion of the IFO.
The Syrup Pool:
Stake CAKE tokens, to earn KALM tokens!
Total Tokens: 150,000 KALM
Distribution duration: 60 days
Start Time: 2pm UTC on May 27th
Finish Time: 2pm UTC on July 26th
Token rewards per block: 0.00868 KALM
In order to host the KALM Syrup Pool, we will need to provide a KALM-BNB farm that will have 2x CAKE rewards for the first 48 hours and then 1x CAKE rewards after that.
Project: Kalmar (KALM)
Initial Circulating Supply (Day of sale): 15% KALM from initial supply of 10,000,000 KALM
Completed Audits: Hacken: https://hacken.io/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/03042021_Kalmar_SC_Audit_Report.pdf
Telegram (EN): https://t.me/kalmar_io
Disclaimer — All projects are subject to both high market risk and volatility. Please, do your own research and full due diligence before even considering investing your funds in any project and please, make your investments very cautiously. PancakeSwap will not be held responsible for any investment losses.